Since 1998, the organization has realized several interesting and long-term results-oriented projects, most of which serve the well-being of society, promote good governance, contribute to the sustainable economic development of the country and enhance the capacity of the civil society. In this section, you will learn both about ongoing and completed projects as part of the Community Development Program.
The main goal of the proposed project is to promote gender equality and women’s civic and economic empowerment through: strengthening leadership capacity of rural women for taking lead in addressing local needs/issues and institutional development of already established women initiative groups and organizations to ensure effective use of existing opportunities in Kakheti, Guria and Samegrelo Regions of Georgia.
Project Specific Objectives:
Women initiative groups (WIGs) in target communities of the project are capable to:
- better respond to community problems, more related to the needs of women and youngsters
- engage in active and effective networking
- strengthen the contacts and cooperation with other sectors (business, local self-government and CSOs)
Project Duration: 2022
Project Budget: 60 086 USD
Project Donor: United Nations Development Program
The aim of the project is to promote civil society, socially responsible business and good governance for poverty alleviation and sustainable development of the country.
• Strengthen civil society at the local and national levels to be able to protect the interests of their target groups and provide them with relevant services;
• Increase the social responsibility of the civil sector, business and citizens;
• Promote government-civil society cooperation to establish effective, open and need-based governance.
Project Duration - 2020 - 2023
Project Donor - Bread for the World - Brot für die Welt (BfW)
Civil Society Initiative: Sustainable, Open and Accountable Civil Society Organizations for the Development of Georgia
Funded by the European Union and the Konrad Adenauer Foundation, the Civil Society Initiative: Sustainable, Open and Accountable Civil Society Organizations for Georgia's Development aims to strengthen civil society as an independent, sustainable, transparent and accountable actor throughout Georgia.
The project has three specific objectives:
- Improving the legal and financial environment necessary for the sustainable development of civil society in Georgia, including the transparency of public funding and the diversification of non-state funding, and the promotion of a culture of corporate social responsibility;
- Strengthening links between civil society organizations and their target audience, including promoting civic values, promoting civic activism, and encouraging community-oriented activities;
- Capacity building of civil society organizations and institutional strengthening of the civil society sector across the country, especially in terms of oversight and advocacy;
Poject Duration - 2021-2025 year
• The European Union
• Konrad Adenauer Stiftung(KAS)
It is planned to involve 80% of the civil society organizations operating in Georgia (up to 800 civil society organizations, including about 150 community organizations and initiative groups) in the project activities. Also, the target groups of the project are: young people and school teachers (3000 and 600 individuals, respectively), up to 5000 social activists and citizens.
The project expects the involvement of up to 200 representatives of public agencies (including local authorities), 100 business entities and 250 representatives of the media. Eight universities, both public and private, will participate in the project activities.
The project is implemented by a consortium led by the Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS) with the following NGOs: Georgian Center for Strategic Research and Development (CSRDG), Civil Society Institute (CSI), Counseling and Training Center (CTC), Education Development and Employment Center (EDEC) and European Policy Institute (IEP).
The Civil Society Initiative builds on the knowledge and experience gained in the implementation of the EU-supported Civil Society Development Initiative (CSSIGE 2017-2020).